Atlanta Public Schools
The Planner provides and coordinates short-term and long-term planning activities while evaluating current and long-range system conditions in regards to student population and attendance zones, city demographics and citywide and community specific development and the integration and use of this information for effective facilities planning.
- Works with district Demographer, and city and county planning agencies to ensure that adequate future school facilities are provided for projected school-age population.
- Understands and adheres to current trends and approaches to best deliver services to the district.
- Adheres to departmental rules, policies, and procedures. See full description on APS website.
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning & Development, Architecture or related field.
- 3 years experience in student enrollment analysis, geographic boundary development and facility needs planning.
- Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Suite, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook, ArcGIS. Ability to navigate and learn other programs and applications.
Salary & Benefits
Range for pay grade starts at $64,039. Salary set based on years of experience.
252 Days = 239 Duty Days + 13 Paid Holidays
See website for details.
How to Apply