The Planner position is an entry- to intermediate-level role. The Planner spends a significant amount of time on professional planning tasks, works closely with the public on a regular basis to provide customer service on planning issues, and will be tasked to complete administrative tasks in support of The Collaborative contracts with municipalities and other clients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews applications to assure compliance with requirements such as land use, parking ratios, height, and other development standards
- Performs routine office tasks in designated program areas, including preparation of zoning certification letters, reviews of business licenses and other applications for zoning compliance, data entry for and the issuance of temporary sign permits, review of minor residential permits, answering telephone calls and emails
- Completes research and planning studies by compiling data and preparing reports
- As case manager administrates zoning applications, including application intake, writing staff reports, and presenting to appointed and elected boards and commissions
- Supports a variety of planning and/or design projects as needed
- Acts as backup for the permitting and business license functions
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning or similar
- One year of experience in a municipal setting preferred
- Ability to read site plans
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Valid Georgia motor vehicle operator’s license is required
Salary & Benefits
The Collaborative offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
How to Apply