City of Fountain Inn
Fountain Inn, South Carolina
- Evaluates or assists in the evaluation of rezonings, ordinance amendments, site plans, special use permits, variances and other proposals. Coordinates research and provides suggestions for implementation of best practices or identifies emerging issues for a proactive view to strategic planning in our growing City. Acts as liaison between community groups, government agencies, developers and elected & appointed officials. Develops planning studies and reports in support of new and updated plans, programs and regulations.
- Reviews or assists in the review of development proposals and site plans for conformance with codes, plans, and regulations. Prepares and presents detailed reports on development proposals to government bodies. Collects a variety of statistical data and prepare reports and maps on topics such as census information, land use, tax base data, and occupancy rates. Coordinates community engagement of public and private development projects. Provides information to the public regarding development regulations.
- Assists in resolving citizen and customer issues. Interacts with the public, City departments, and others outside the work unit to obtain and provide information and assistance in a variety of circumstances. Accurately, promptly, and diplomatically responds to requests for information. Communicates orally and in writing with the public, outside agencies, coworkers and other City personnel providing accurate technical information and recommendations.
Coordinates with the City’s Building Official. Ability to communicate information between applicable parties strategically.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Urban or Regional Planning, Zoning or a related field preferred and/or Master’s Degree;
- Supplemented by two years of experience in planning, zoning, or closely related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess and maintain a valid South Carolina driver’s license.
- Extensive knowledge of planning programs and processes; ability to research and familiarize with local zoning laws; working knowledge of personal computers, Microsoft Suite and GIS applications.
Salary & Benefits
$50K – 55K
How to Apply
Please visit the City of Fountain Inn’s webpage under Human Resources for the link to apply via ADP.