Augusta, Georgia Government
This position is an entry-level professional planning position. The person filling this position assists senior planning staff in gathering and organizing information used in planning studies and reports, reviewing development proposals, evaluating rezoning petitions and ordinance amendments, and working with a variety of stakeholders on neighborhood plans.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the evaluation of rezoning and variances petitions, ordinance amendments, and similar proposals. Includes completing analysis and making recommendations on the proposed petitions and ordinance amendments. Provides information and updates on applications and amendments at staff meetings.
- Handles customer phone calls, walk-ins and appointments related to zoning and development issues and projects. This includes holding pre-meetings with applicants.
- Acts as liaison to community groups, government agencies, developers and elected officials as necessary.
- Assists in the development of long-range planning studies, neighborhood plans and special projects.
- Assists in research and data-gathering for comprehensive planning projects.
- Assists in the review of administrative site plans, preliminary concept plans, development proposals and site plans for conformance with codes, plans, and regulations.
- Assists in presenting detailed reports on rezoning and variance petitions and development proposals to the Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals (pre-meetings and regular meetings.
- Education/Education: Bachelor’s Degree with two (2) years of experience in planning, zoning, or urban design
- Licensing/Certification: Possession of a valid driver’s license with good driving history.
- The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees for this job.
Salary & Benefits
$40,162.00 Annually, Full Time Permanent
Augusta-Richmond County’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
How to Apply