Town of Holly Springs
Holly Springs, North Carolina
As a Planner for the Town of Holly Springs, you will be a part of a team of planners that have a passion for land use, urban design, teamwork, and customer service in a growing and dynamic community. Your role as a Planner will be to utilize critical thinking and communication skills to process land use applications and assist developers and the general public in applying planning and zoning regulations and policies.
Holly Springs is a fast-growing community located in the Research Triangle region of North Carolina. Our Town’s vision is to provide an unmatched quality of life that reflects the joys of small town living in a safe, family-friendly community that residents and businesses are proud to call home. The Planner position is a part of the recently formed Development Services Department that brings together planners, engineers, and building code officials to promote collaboration, innovation, and efficiency in the development process.
The Planner (I/II/III) is a career ladder position and could be filled as a Planner I, II, or III depending on the chosen candidate’s qualifications. The career ladder offers a great opportunity for professional growth and development within this position and the town.
The Planner I position is the entry-level position. This position performs professional-level planning assignments and receives considerable supervision from the Senior Planner. The salary grade for this position starts at $59,841.60.
The Planner II position requires a Master’s Degree and 3 years of experience or certification as a Certified Zoning Official (CZO).This position performs planning assignments of moderate difficulty at a more elevated level compared with Planner I. A Planner II is expected to work more independently than a Planner I, receiving general supervision from the Senior Planner. The salary grade for this position starts at $63,419.20.
The Planner III position requires AICP certification. This position performs planning assignments at an advanced level and often leads with larger, more complex planning assignments. A Planner III exercises greater independence and judgment, receiving general supervision from the Senior Planner. The salary grade for this position starts at $71,240.00.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in city and regional planning, landscape architecture, public policy/administration, geography, or a related field.
- Knowledge or experience in planning, zoning administration, or public administration.
- Technical skills in development review and/or land use regulation.
- Experience interpreting and effectively enforcing development ordinances.
What you will be doing:
- Performing detailed plan review for development projects such as subdivision plans, development (site) plans, special use permits, construction drawings, and amendments to previously approved plans.
- Preparing and presenting staff reports to the Planning Board, Board of Adjustment, Town Council, or other special committees.
- Responding to public inquiries about zoning regulations, land use, development review policies, and ordinances.
- Participating in long-range planning or special projects such as Unified Development Ordinance amendments.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
- Annual pay increases for performance review.
- Competitive benefits package, including life, medical, and dental insurance, LGERS retirement system membership, and a 5% Town contribution to 401(K).
- Remote work up to 2 days per week.
- Career ladder and professional development.
How to Apply