Gwinnett County Government
The function of the Gwinnett County Department of Planning and Development is to promote and enhance the quality of life of residents, visitors, property owners, and businesses of Gwinnett County. The Department accomplishes its mission through programs and services that encourage high-quality development as well as maintenance and revitalization of existing neighborhoods. The Department consists of the Administration Division, Planning Division, and the Development Division.
The available Planner II position is within the Department’s Planning Division which manages current planning, long-range planning, and planning data services for the County. Long-range planning activities include master planning, community education, and other special projects. Current planning activities include zoning administration, maintaining the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO), supporting the Planning Commission, and related tasks. Planning data services activities include creating and maintaining GIS data, producing maps, and other special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Landscape Architecture, or Planning
- Two years of planning experience or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above
- Valid driver’s license
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Landscape Architecture, or Planning
- Three years of planning experience
- Experience working in a city or county planning department
- AICP Certification
Salary & Benefits
$51,358 – $59,704
How to Apply