Unified Government of Athens-Clarke County
The purpose of this job is to research and prepare information related to planning functions within the Planning Department. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, reviewing of site plans, reviewing and recording of minor subdivision plats, administering development-related ordinances and regulations, writing and reviewing reports, reviewing plans, assisting and directing developers, approving permits, and performing additional tasks as assigned.
The following duties are normal for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Develops and maintains various databases of information needed to support ongoing or project-specific analysis.
- Prepares zoning verification correspondence and answers public inquiries regarding zoning and subdivision issues as assigned.
- Administers the Unified Government’s zoning ordinance and other development-related regulations; conducts research on various issues related to zoning or development regulations as assigned.
- Provides instruction and direction to the general public and department visitors; receives, responds to, or forwards departmental, governmental, or public correspondence by phone, mail, message, etc.
- Review and processes Manufactured Home Permits, Home Occupation Permits, Alcohol License Applications, and Building Permits as assigned.
- Attends various training workshops, conferences, and committee and public meetings which may require meeting at night or overnight travel; records minutes of meetings as assigned.
- Assignments may be made to Development Review, Long Range Planning, Neighborhood Notification Initiative, and Urban Planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in urban/regional planning, forestry, landscape architecture, architecture, transportation, or related field with two years of professional work related experience required; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for the job.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Work schedule: Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm plus some after-hours work
- May be required to work on religious holidays.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Must work cooperatively with others.
- When requirements include vehicle operation, responsible for the safety, readiness and operation of the vehicle and must abide by ACC’s safe driving policy.
Salary & Benefit|
$45,300 annual salary and full benefits package. Includes company-provided Life and short-term disability, company contribution to medical premium, available dental, vision, critical illness, accident and long-term disability. Retirement includes pension and deferred compensation plan with company match. Stellar Wellness plan participation may earn additional compensation. Full details are available at the link on the job posting at www.accgov.com/jobs
REPORTS TO: Senior Planner – Planning Department
FLSA STATUS: Exempt – Professional
CLASSIFICATION: Personnel System
PAY GRADE: 117
SAFETY SENSITIVE: No
How to Apply
First Review of Applications on 1/26/22