Southern Georgia Regional Commission
This position is responsible for providing professional and technical assistance to member local governments in comprehensive planning, local development regulations, transportation (primarily bicycle and pedestrian and metropolitan transportation planning), and other specialized land use and resources planning activities. An incumbent in this position may be designated as “Planner III.”
- Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Geography, Geographic Information Science, Public
Administration, Political Science, or related field preferred.
- AICP certification preferred, or ability to obtain certification within two years.
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in planning; long-range planning; community
and neighborhood development; land use planning; or related field.
- Thorough knowledge of an ability to make practical application of standard principles of
local, state, federal zoning and subdivision control ordinances and transportation planning laws and regulations.
- Ability to regularly work extended hours, occasionally work evening and/or weekend hours,
and occasionally travel out of town for training/conferences, sometimes overnight.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Salary & Benefits
Full-time position with excellent benefits. Salary DOE/Q. Valid driver’s license, MVR, background check and drug test required.
How to Apply
Send resume to SGRC, 1937 Carlton Adams Dr. Valdosta, GA 31601 or via email.