Macon-Bibb County Planning & Zoning Commission
The Macon-Bibb County Planning & Zoning Commission talent search committee attracts and hire the best qualified candidates across the nation. The incumbent will lead by example and demonstrate honesty and integrity along with dedicated themselves to lending unparalleled customer service and professionalism. This is an onsite, in-office, position.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate poise under pressure, exceptional communication skills and attention to detail. Energy, enthusiasm, and positivity are a must! The incumbent will lead by example demonstrating honesty, integrity, and providing the highest level of customer service and professionalism.
The purpose of this position is to provide high level technical assistance and analysis related to short- and long-range planning initiatives and land development applications. This is accomplished by accepting and processing various land development applications; preparing plans, assisting in code amendments, studies, and analyses pertaining to current and long-range planning concerns; assisting the public; and providing staff support to various boards, commissions, and the citizens of Macon-Bibb County.
This position also provides support for the Macon Area Transportation Study (MATS) MPO, the local body tasked with coordinating Federally supported transportation projects and activities. For details on MATS MPO, please check out https://www.maconmpo.com/
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in urban planning, geography, architecture, public administration, or related field;
- AICP certification or AICP candidate status preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of planning experience; familiarity with boards & commissions; current and/or long-range planning ability; skilled in Geographical Information System (GIS) preferred.
- Master’s degree in related field can substitute for 2 years’ experience.
- Must possess a valid Georgia driver’s license.
Salary & Benefits
Competitive Hiring Salary Range: $$52,499
Full Salary Range: $52,499 – $68,883
Schedule: 7.5-hour shift, Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm
- 401(a) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume.