Dedicated to improving, shaping, and enhancing neighborhoods, the Planner II is moderately independent role and plays a crucial role in the development of long-range planning projects across CPL’s diverse practice areas. Reporting to a Project Manager or Principal, you prepare maps in the ArcGIS suite, coordinate permitting and arrange pre-application meetings to review submittals, take notes and follow up on applicant correspondence, and develop client deliverables for plans and reports. You also develop content for client delivery including plan updates and zoning cases.
You apply strong communicative abilities and industry understanding toward ensuring local communities have all the tools and resources needed to thrive, appreciating the positive, lasting impacts that long-range projects can have on a community.
Position available for reporting out of our Decatur, GA or Greenville, SC office.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Urban Planning, Urban Design, City Planning, Geography, Public Administration, Public Health, Architecture, Engineering, or related field and a minimum of four (4) years of planning experience in the public or private planning sector is required.
- A thorough understanding of municipal planning issues, principles, methods, and techniques.
- Successful implementation of policies and programs using established resources and working within budgetary constraints.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret a variety of written documentation and graphic material, conducting research as necessary.
- Robust interpersonal skills, communicating effectively both verbally and via written correspondence – and dealing courteously with elected officials, clients, and the general public.
- A background in graphic and/or urban design is a major plus.
Salary & Benefits
The rate for this position generally ranges between $58k-87K annually. This range is a good faith estimate provided pursuant to the New York Pay Transparency Law. It is based on what a successful New York applicant might be paid and assumes that the successful candidate will be in New York or perform the position from New York. Similar positions located outside of New York will not necessarily receive the same compensation. Actual pay rates may vary from the range, as permitted by New York Equal Pay Transparency Law. Compensation offers will be based on various factors, including operational needs, individual education, qualifications and experience, work location and comparison to employees already in the role, as well as other considerations permitted by law. A potential new employee’s pay history will not be used in compensation decisions.
WHAT WE OFFER: CPL cares about your future with us! That’s why we offer the following benefits to you and your family:
- Internal Mobility & Career Advancement
- Healthcare for you and your family including spouse coverage: Medical, Dental, Vision &
- Prescription insurances. Single Plans with 100% paid premium
- Flexible Time Off + 8 Holidays a year
- Retirement Savings Plan – Contribution from CPL to grow your retirement funds.
- Tuition Assistance: You may be eligible for continuing education assistance.
- Student Loan Assistance Program: CPL will contribute up to a maximum of $100 a month for
- 5 years ($6,000 total) towards student loan debt.
- Licensure Assistance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance Company/team member premium sharing
- Flexible Spending Account $5,000 dependent childcare annually paid 100% by team member pre-taxes.
- FREE Life Insurance and AD+D Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance
How to Apply