City of Lilburn
The City of Lilburn is seeking an individual to work part-time in the Planning Department. The ideal candidate would be a person who is currently or has previously worked in the Planning and Economic Development field who is looking for a part-time commitment, or someone who has a great desire to grow into the field of Planning and Economic Development. Must be a reliable, hard-working, and possess an excellent work ethic.
This position will involve performing a wide variety of administrative and technical tasks and field work to support the objectives, programs and services provided by the Planning Department. Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office products. i.e., Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook required. Prior experience utilizing GIS systems a plus. This position is funded at 29 hours per week. Work schedule is flexible within normal operating hours of 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM.
- Researches, gathers, and summarizes historic data and GIS maps to prepare timely responses to customer inquiries regarding zoning, land subdivision and code compliance to support related zoning certifications, open records requests and monthly development and permit activity reports.
- Supports code enforcement officer and storm water analyst in field investigations to ensure properties are following established adopted policies, codes, and approved plans. Tasks include walking, photographing, and documenting conditions of properties, residences, businesses, permitted or unpermitted construction sites or signs.
- Performs general administrative and customer service support for the Planning Department by directing customers to the appropriate staff member or guiding them through the submittal and review procedures. Tasks may also include logging, reviewing, and filing residential or commercial construction plans and permit submittals.
- Verify applications against required standards, process preliminary plan reviews and document results. Research methods used to track and document application submittals.
- Completes special projects as directed by the Planning Director. For example:
- Reviews and recommends updates to the Development Regulations and Zoning Ordinance as needed.
- Research Architectural Design Guidelines and Signage ordinances to outline a draft for the Town Center Overlay District.
- Supports zoning applications to include writing legal ads, posting signs, drafting agendas, meeting minutes and initial staff reviews by researching and interpreting the Comprehensive Plan, Zoning Ordinance, and other applicable city codes, and/or assist in preparing PowerPoint slides for presentations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum of two years professional office experience preferably in a municipal or county planning department or two years of related college coursework in planning, community development, public administration or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Valid Georgia Driver’s License.
Must have experience with Microsoft office products, Windows, and Outlook, Adobe Acrobat software, printers, scanners, and general database software.
Salary & Benefits
$15.00 P/HR. Part-time with maximum of 29 hours per week. Flexibility in work schedule during normal operating hours of 8:30 am – 5:00 pm.
How to Apply
Interested applicants may download an employment application from our website.
Return completed applications to:
Lynn Smith, HR Director
City of Lilburn
340 Main Street
Lilburn, Georgia 30047
Applicants may submit a resume’ in addition to the required City application form.
Closing Date for accepting applications is Until Filled.
The City of Lilburn is an Equal Opportunity Employer