Atlanta Regional Commission
The Planner, Senior will serve as a team member in the Program Implementation and Partner Services section within the Transportation Access and Mobility Group. This individual will be responsible for supporting the Regional Transportation Studies Program and working with local jurisdictions on project concept and development and project administration. This individual will also assist the team with generating quarterly Transportation Improvement Plan (TIP) project delivery reports for the Atlanta region and the maintenance of the TIP project solicitation process under the supervision of the TIP Administrator.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (equivalent combination acceptable):
- Bachelor’s degree in urban or regional planning, transportation planning, urban planning, economics, landscape architecture or related field
- Two (2) years of professional urban/transportation planning experience
- AICP and/or P.T.P. certification
In addition to the detailed examples of responsibilities and abilities contained herein, all employees of the Atlanta Regional Commission are expected to model behavior consistent with the guiding principles outlined in our Evolution Strategy. Specifically, incumbents are responsible for demonstrating work habits that are:
- Interdisciplinary by promoting professional and interpersonal connections and integration across functional disciplines;
- Holistic by seeking expertise within the team, Group, or Agency to produce his/her work output, and demonstrating a strong understanding of and support for interrelationships between their work and the work of others in the team, Group, or Agency;
- Actionable by continuously striving to improve his/her capabilities to produce sustainable outcomes, and displaying a strong need for achievement and a high energy level to attain goals;
- Outcome Based by taking the initiative to meet goals and expectations, and consistently striving to produce tangible results with significant visible impact, and;
- Targeted toward Ensuring Colleagues’ Success by willingly and deliberately providing his/her expertise to others in an effort to build and sustain effective internal and external working relationships, and by modeling behaviors that consistently demonstrate concern for colleagues’ success, needs, respect, trust and integrity.
Salary & Benefits
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE: $53,828 – $72,668
(no SS deductions except for Medicare portion, approx. 1.45% of salary)
How to Apply