Brunswick-Glynn County Joint Water & Sewer Commission
This primary duty of this position is to coordinate with and direct applicants through the JWSC water and sewer plan review and construction approval process.
- Performs as main point of contact and liaison to applicants for all intake and reply throughout the JWSC plan review process.
- Reviews preliminary plats, construction drawings, site plans, specifications, final plats and record drawings for water and sewer projects to identify errors, conflicts, potential problems or non-compliance with applicable codes and standards.
- Interprets and applies applicable federal, state, and local ordinances, regulations, standards, specifications, policies and procedures.
- Provides technical assistance and information concerning water and sewer construction projects; responds to questions and complaints; researches and resolves problems; responds to requests for water and sewer line locations.
- Consults with design engineers who submit drawings and specifications for review.
- Coordinates construction activities with appropriate agency divisions, contractors, developers and property owners.
- Prepares and submits documents for Environmental Protection Division review of construction drawings and specifications; prepares plan review reports and drawings for approval.
- Maintains a thorough, comprehensive and organized compilation of all documents and reviews related to the application process.
- Prepares various reports, correspondence and project reports; records research for property requests, easements, abandonment requests, etc.
- Routinely represent JWSC policy at meetings with governmental, regulatory and customer meetings.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work and be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with one to three years of experience or service.
- College level education in engineering design, construction management, planning or associated degree program.
Salary & Benefits
Position Information: Full-time, permanent position
Starting Pay Range: $24.11hr – $27.12hr
How to Apply
Please visit our Human Resources page at the following link for instructions on how to apply: