City of Dawsonville
Plans, coordinates and directs all planning and zoning related projects in the City.
All department directors are responsible for the overall efficient and effective operations of their departments, more specifically as outlined below.
- Responsible for the direction, planning, organization and scheduling of work for the Department.
- Interviews, makes hiring recommendations, and evaluates performance of subordinates.
- Directs, reviews, and provides feedback to subordinates.
- Develops and administers departmental budget, monitors expenditures to ensure compliance with City policy.
- Develops departmental goals and objectives and monitors performance as compared to goals.
- Responsible for keeping the City Manager apprised of departmental operation and trends present in the department.
- Knowledge of best planning practices.
- Knowledge of city codes, ordinances, and comprehensive plans.
- Knowledge of the Georgia Zoning Procedures law.
- Knowledge of plan review principles.
- Knowledge of construction inspection principles.
- Knowledge of computers and job related software programs.
- Skill in planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the work of personnel.
- Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions.
- Skill in the preparation of clear and precise administrative reports.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a master’s degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the subunits in the division/department in order to direct and coordinate work within the division/department, usually interpreted to require three to five years of related experience.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain the appropriate state certification for the type of inspection(s) conducted.
- Valid Class C Driver’s License.
- Must have and maintain a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
Salary & Benefits
Salary based on level of qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Applications can be submitted on-line by pressing SUBMIT at the bottom of the fillable job application form. Please note, a Chrome browser does not support this function. You may also download, complete and attach the application form via email to Robin Gazaway.
Applications may also be mailed or submitted in person to the City of Dawsonville, 415 Hwy. 53 E, Suite 100 Dawsonville, GA 30534.