City of Duluth
The City of Duluth, Georgia, (pop. 30,000) is accepting applications for the position of Planning Manager in the Department of Planning & Development.
This position requires an experienced, customer service-oriented, and forward-thinking employee in the Department of Planning and Development. The employee must have prior planning project management experience at a senior planner level or higher, preferably in a metropolitan area experiencing rapid growth and redevelopment.
This position requires strong communication/presentation skills and must be able to confidently respond to questions from the Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, City Council, and various citizen groups. This position will play a key role in advancing the City’s long-range planning by updating and implementing the City’s Comprehensive Plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, environmental design, engineering, or related field from an accredited college or university required, Master’s Degree in an appropriate field strongly preferred
- Five years or more of professional experience in planning, community development, economic development, project management or related work
- Three years or more of supervisory experience
- Professional certification with the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) is strongly preferred
- Spoken/written fluency in a foreign language is beneficial, particularly Spanish, Korean, or Chinese
Salary & Benefits
The hiring range is $69,222 – $89,672 annualized (salary paid bi-weekly, Grade 31), with starting salary based on qualifications.
For benefits please visit our website.
How to Apply
Visit our website for a full job description, job application, and list of benefits:
Your application package must include:
- Job application
- cover letter
- sample of staff report you’ve written
- Qualifications Questionnaire, which should be e-mailed, or delivered to:
City of Duluth
3167 Main Street
Duluth, GA 30096-3263
For questions about the job duties, please email Bill Aiken, Planning & Development Director, or call him at 678-957-7274.
For questions about the application process, please call 770-497-5287 or email.