Gwinnett County Government
The Planning Manager position is within the Department’s Planning Division and will manage current planning, long-range planning, and planning data services for the County. Long-range planning activities include master planning, community education and other special projects. Current planning activities include zoning administration, maintaining the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO), supporting the Planning Commission and related tasks. Planning data services activities include creating and maintaining GIS data, producing maps and other special projects.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Planning Division, including activities related to current planning and customer service
- Ensures that all required deadlines and procedures are met related to variances, appeals of administrative decisions, and related requests
- Reviews and approves staff case reports for the Zoning Board of Appeals
- Attends and presents at Zoning Board of Appeals public hearings
- Communicates with other County Departments and outside agencies
- Attends meetings with residents, developers, design professionals and others
- Manages Planning Division staff
- Conducts other special projects including master planning, research and analysis of planning and zoning-related topics; community engagement and education and others
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Geographic Information System (GIS), Computer Science, Planning or related field
- Five years of planning experience, including two years of supervisory experience
- Or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above
- Master’s Degree in Planning or related field
- Local government planning experience
Salary & Benefits
The grade for this position is C52(1). Salary: $77,901.00 – $98,304.00 Annually.
This position is eligible for the Employee Referral Program.
For information related to position specific Essential Duties, Knowledge and Skills and Physical requirements, click here for Planning Manger
NOTE: the class specifications listed on this site are not the official class specifications for Gwinnett County and are subject to change.
Please use website link for more information on position and what benefit Gwinnett County has to offer!
How to Apply