City of Fayetteville
This position is responsible for performing intermediate administrative support work and zoning code interpretations. Receives and processes various land use and zoning applications and permits, accepts permit fees, prepares and maintains electronic and paper files, researches codes, prepares draft reports, and performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- Maintains user fee schedule; collects and records application fees for annexation, rezoning, variances, plan reviews and other planning department functions; and follows safekeeping procedures for fees.
- Encourages and promotes a culture of excellent customer service. Answers telephone; provides accurate information and assistance relating to zoning and general land development processes; refers to appropriate personnel when necessary.
- Prepares responses to zoning verification letters and collects requested background information.
- Performs zoning verification for Occupational Tax applications (business licenses).
- Assists in interpreting and communicating Zoning Ordinance and Land Development Ordinance requirements, processes, and standards to the general public and the development community.
- Assists in the preparation of Planning and Zoning Commission agendas and packets.
- Distributes Planning and Zoning Commission agendas and packets; posts agendas and packets to the City website; e-mails agendas to media; and attends meetings as required.
- Prepares and ensures meeting minutes are signed and recorded per City’s requirements.
- Prepares public hearing legal advertisements and ensures publication; prepares public hearing signs for subject parcels and ensures they are installed.
- Reviews development plans, subdivision submittals, rezoning, variance, and special use permit applications for completeness.
- Assists in development plan review tracking and reporting.
- Assists in research and drafting of ordinance amendments.
- Assists in landscape inspections.
- Maintains and updates electronic and paper records in accordance with department retention policies.
- Assists in maintaining and ordering office supplies within department budget constraints.
- Assists in processing open records requests.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in community development, environmental design, public policy, urban or regional planning, geography, landscape architecture, or closely related field; and
- Three (3) years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience; and
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship, specialized training, or having had a similar position for one to three years.
Licenses or Certifications
- Valid Georgia state driver’s license – Class-C
- Satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Zoning and Land Development ordinances, and Code of Ordinances.
- General knowledge of permit processing and plan review requirements in the State of Georgia.
- General knowledge of State records retention requirements.
- General knowledge of routine legal procedures as related to the enforcement of laws and ordinances.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe reader.
- Knowledge of or the related experience and ability to learn City’s software programs.
- Knowledge of City and departmental policies and procedures.
- Skill in the provision of excellent customer service.
- Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.
- Skill in the maintenance of files and records.
- Skill in commercial arithmetic.
- Skill in office management.
- Ability to perform a considerable volume of detailed work in a complex and disruptive environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, orally, and in writing.
- Ability to read plans to scale.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and the general public.
- Ability to operate the department assigned vehicles and equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
Salary & Benefits
Pay Grade 313
$41,426 – 66,282.23
Excellent benefits package.
How to Apply