Forsyth County Government
- Prepares legal advertisements for publication in local newspapers; prepares advertisements and related documentation for zoning condition amendments, home occupation permits, MRPA approvals, and road name changes; clips legal ads from newspapers and maintains files.
- Receives rezoning applications, conditional use permit applications, and home occupation permit applications; reviews applications for completeness and determines whether to accept/process or reject.
- Monitors status of rezoning applications to ensure compliance with deadlines during various stages of processing; prepares subject property maps from geographical information system (GIS) for rezonings; prepares table of contents for rezoning book; prepares notifications for adjoining property owners.
- Maintains records/logs of rezoning applications, conditional use permits, home occupation applications, and other departmental documentation; maintains computer database of zoning applications; maintains and updates rezoning files.
- Operates a computer to enter, retrieve, review or modify data; verifies accuracy of entered data and makes corrections; utilizes word processing, spreadsheet, database, geographical information system (GIS) system, e-mail, Internet, or other computer programs.
- Prepares or completes various forms, reports, correspondence, legal advertisements, agendas, meeting minutes, agenda requests, resolutions, confirmation letters, timesheets, submitted/approved grading permit reports, charts, or other documents.
High school diploma or GED; supplemented by college level course work or vocational training in office administration, and personal computer operations; supplemented by one (1) year previous experience and/or training involving office administration, computerized mapping, database administration, and personal computer operations; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Salary & Benefits
Salary: $37,579.00 Annually
BENEFITS PROVIDED BY FORSYTH COUNTY TO FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES:
Personal Leave Accrual
Personal leave shall be accrued as follows:
0 – 1 Year – 12 days per year – 3.68 hours per pay period
1 – 4 Years – 20 days per year – 6.16 hours per pay period
5 – 14 Years – 25 days per year – 7.70 hours per pay period
15+Years – 30 days per year – 9.24 hours per pay period
New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving (2), and Christmas (2).
The Forsyth County Board of Commissioners offers employees a choice of two medical plans offered by Aetna and a plan offered by Kaiser Permanente.
Aetna Choice POS II – $2000 Individual Deductible (Basic Plan)
Aetna Choice POS II – $1000 Individual Deductible (Plus Plan)
Kaiser Permanente HMO- $0 Individual Deductible
The Forsyth County Board of Commissioners offers two dental plans from Guardian Dental:
Base $1,000 Plan
Buy-Up $1,500 Plan
The vision plan offered by Forsyth County Board of Commissioners is administered by EyeMed and will offer office visit copays for exams, as well as copays for lenses, frames, and contacts.
Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
The Forsyth County Board of Commissioners recognizes the importance of basic life insurance for all of its employees. The Board provides term life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) protection for each full-time employee. This is a County-paid benefit.
Disability Insurance – Short Term and Long Term
100% paid by Forsyth County. Eligibility begins date of hire.
Short Term Disability – 60% of weekly earnings to a maximum of $1,000.00 a week. Eligibility begins 14 days after an accident or sickness and has a benefit period of 24 weeks.
Long Term Disability – 60% of monthly earnings to a maximum of $5,000.00 a month. Eligibility begins at 26 weeks to coordinate with the end of Short Term benefits and continues 24 months (Own Occupation).
Additional Life Insurance and AD&D
Rates vary based on amount of coverage selected. Additional life insurance may be purchased for employee, spouse, and children.
Retirement Plan (401K)
- Fully vested at five years of employment – 20% graduated vesting annually. Eligible to begin contributions immediately upon hire.
- 6 mos to 3 yrs – County matches 100% of a max 5% of employee gross contributions
- 3 yrs to 10 yrs – County contributes 5% of base salary & County matches 100% of a max of 5% of gross employee contributions
- Over 10 yrs – County contributes 5% base & County matches 100% of a max of 5% of gross employee contributions & County matches 50% of next 5% of gross employee contributions
How to Apply