The Principal Consultant – Marketing role will oversee the development and delivery of a wide range of marketing projects, primarily geared to changing travel behavior. From expansive campaigns to brand development to websites to content strategy, this role will get to dabble in a bit of everything while keeping everything moving along seamlessly. The ideal candidate will be someone who can both concept and deliver full-service marketing projects. The role will serve as marketing lead for many of our client projects, and will work to define the scope of projects, develop marketing campaigns and supporting promotional materials, oversee marketing strategy and implementation, develop timelines and milestones, allocate resources within budgets, and guarantee that project deliverable requirements are met. You will also work with the Marketing Manager to streamline processes and implement new workflows for the team.
Our Marketing team leads the development and implementation of marketing strategies that support organizations and projects focused on improving communities, activity centers and individuals by showcasing and encouraging sustainable travel choices, whether it’s connecting a warehouse worker to a transit route or helping a Fortune 500 company provide sustained flexible working schedules. A typical day will likely involve collaborating with our smart and talented teammates who are leading up key programs and projects in Los Angeles, Toronto, Denver, Atlanta, and beyond. Here’s a snapshot of this role’s key responsibilities:
- Devising and overseeing the implementation of behavior change campaigns and marketing strategies to reach varied audiences through a range of marketing and communications tactics, including traditional, digital, mobile, and automated marketing solutions
- Serving as marketing lead and/or project manager for key projects, which will involve client management and communications, project management, and creative direction
- Working with marketing staff and contractors to create and distributing creative materials and content for targeted audiences via social media, email marketing, websites, sales sheets, brochures, and much more
- Measuring and reporting analytics on the performance of various marketing campaigns
- Following emerging industry and marketing technology trends as they apply to UrbanTrans’ work
Who You Are
This role will be best suited for somebody who:
- Problem Solver. You’re an out-of-the-box, strategic thinker and happily tackle a puzzle no matter how complex. You have:
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with developing and leading marketing strategy and campaigns
- Proven knowledge and application of digital and automated marketing, UX design, service design, and other design thinking methodologies
- Demonstrated experience with conveying messages through written and visual materials
- Turns ideas into reality: You can take ideas—your own, your teammates’, and your clients’—and know how to turn them into communications materials with effective visuals and copy. You have:
- Experience working on or leading creative teams and with other creatives/contractors as a graphic designer, copywriter, or both
- Experience communicating and collaborating with various stakeholders and clients across multiple projects
- Self-Motivated & Accountable. You can take ideas and run with it, and even if you have a lot on your plate, you have a good process in place to get work done. You have:
- Strong skills in organizing, prioritizing, and producing several marketing tasks concurrently
- Experience with building and managing timelines, standards, and budgets
- Demonstrated quality control and quality assurance through task deliverables
- Understands the importance of accurate time and expense reporting
- Tech Savvy: You are comfortable working with—or a quick study on—emerging marketing technology and varying software, including:
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- CMS websites (e.g., WordPress, Wix, etc.) with knowledge of HTML
- Email marketing and automated marketing platforms (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Autopilot, etc.)
- Project management software (e.g., Asana, Wrike, Basecamp, etc.) Microsoft Office tools (e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Collaborator. You thrive when working with others, value teamwork, and don’t hesitate to pitch in or step up when called on. You also foster a safe, creative, and collaborative team environment and you lead by example. You have:
- Strong communication skills, including verbal, written, and interpersonal
- Experience contributing to and leading teams of all sizes
- Experience working with a team of contractors and vendors
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, digital media, or related field; and
- Must have five or more years of full-time professional experience in working for a marketing, PR, and/or communications agencies, consulting firm, or similar multi-client environment
- Proven project management experience
- Knowledgeable (or highly curious) about behavior change, sustainability, transportation, TDM, city planning, community development, economic development, or related
- Desire to positively affect the community, region, and environment
- Hands-on contributor
- Eagerness to build and refine your skill
Salary & Benefits
Salary Range: $70,000 – $90,000 per year
UrbanTrans North America is a woman owned and operated transportation consulting firm with offices in Atlanta, Denver, Los Angeles, and Toronto. We specialize in implementing commuting programs in communities across North America. Our clients know us as experts in commute and travel behavior change (also called transportation demand management, or TDM).
Our mission is to create sustainable environments by developing and advancing innovative transportation solutions.
Working at UrbanTrans means being part of a fiercely collaborative group of small, flexible teams, with lots of opportunity to make a difference for our clients and their people. We’re a place for people who are problem – solvers, enjoy learning something new every day, and believe in leading by doing good.
How to Apply
Please email a resume, cover letter, and portfolio of work.
Resumes without a cover letter and portfolio of work will not be advanced to the hiring manager.
We appreciate all applicants; however, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
URBANTRANS NORTH AMERICA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. URBANTRANS HAS AN OPEN WORKPLACE THAT CELEBRATES DIVERSITY.