Atlanta Regional Commission
The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) is the regional planning and intergovernmental coordination agency that focuses on issues critical to the region’s success, including growth and development, transportation, water resources, services for older adults and workforce solutions. ARC is dedicated to unifying the region’s collective resources to prepare the metropolitan area for a prosperous future. This is done through professional planning initiatives, the provision of objective information and the involvement of the community in collaborative partnerships.
The ARC Community Development Department is seeking part-time, temporary support for the Community Development Assistance Program (CDAP) and Comprehensive Planning and engagement needs within the Community Development Department.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess strong skills in research, mapping, use of ESRI ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap or Pro), writing, and an interest in public engagement. Some experience with InDesign and Excel is beneficial. To be successful, candidates should have solid time management skills, ability to work independently and possess a desire to learn, overcome challenges, and solve problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages data including, but not limited to collecting and cleaning data from a variety of federal, state, local, and private sector sources, and mapping of that data;
- Create and upload content to the engagement sites in coordination with Project Managers;
- Assist staff in planning Open Houses and document production;
- Perform other duties as assigned to support agency goals and objectives.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap or Pro);
- Knowledge of Census data products;
- Strong analytical and technical skills;
- Willingness to assess and learn an array of tools as needed;
- Ability to tell a story with data;
- Ability to establish priorities and organize work;
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail;
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Ability to work independently with general instructions.
- Associate’s degree
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation.
- Completion of one semester of undergraduate work in Public Policy, Planning, or related area of study. (preferred)
Salary & Benefits
HOURLY RANGE: $15-17/hour
This position will fill two (2) vacancies. Both positions are not eligible for benefits, working up to 29 hours per week.
How to Apply