Brailsford and Dunlavey
Why work with us?
B&D inspires and empowers organizations across the country to maximize the value of investments that advance communities. Because of this, our employees embody many attributes. To put it in a few words B&D employees are ambitious, diverse, multidisciplinary, entrepreneurial, committed to excellence, and passionate about our client’s success.
At B&D, you can make an impact on the communities around you all while building your career at the same time. We strongly believe for you to invest your career in us, we must also invest in YOU. B&D provides 100% company-paid medical, prescription, and dental insurance premiums for employees and their children! Additionally, B&D offers growth opportunities, diversity and inclusion, mentorship programs, work/life balance plus a myriad of other benefits such a vision insurance, 401K, paid time off, employee assistance programs and much more! Does it get better than this? We don’t think so, and if you agree apply online with us today. We are excited to meet you!
How you will make an impact!
The primary focus of this position is to produce analytics and resulting synthesis to inform the project team’s advisement to college, university, or municipal clients on the positioning of assets such as campus housing, intercollegiate athletic facilities, campus recreation centers, student unions, arenas, stadiums, campus edge developments, independent and charter schools, community recreation centers, etc. to best leverage the long-term mission and vision of the organization.
Analytics include, but are not limited to, master planning activities, site analyses, needs assessments, program planning, financial modeling, and market analyses.
In collaboration with the Project Lead, the analyst is responsible for managing internal project team meetings and resulting strategy sessions to ensure project milestones are met. The analyst is typically the secondary management interface with the client and in charge of effectively supporting the client relationship.
- Performing data collection and analysis, which includes but is not limited to, focus group leading and reporting, in-person, and telephone interviews to gain market analysis insights, survey design and analysis, space planning, financial modeling, and internet research.
- Synthesizing results of analytics relevant to client context.
- Actively engaging and collaborating with internal and external contacts to support the project team in critical thinking and the development of recommendations.
- Contributing to the development of project documents and tools to support the team’s effective storytelling and development of recommendations, as well as the decision-making of institutions.
- Serving as the secondary client liaison, communicating effectively to ensure appropriate follow through.
- Participating in B&D’s business development activities to include attending conferences, drafting articles, and developing relationships with potential and current clients.
- Participating in, seeking out professional development, and coaching opportunities, including B&D’s mentor program.
- Assisting with quality control and client satisfaction activities specific to his/her assigned projects.
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of new staff members.
- Assisting with the company’s research and development efforts by identifying new analytical tools, strengthening existing models, and discovering improved ways of doing business.
- Performing other duties as assigned with the effort and skills necessary to contribute to our continued growth.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and two years’ experience in higher education / non-profit management, construction management, engineering, planning, business, real estate development / management, architecture or related field
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing and able to travel (independently by car, air, or train) weekly.
- Familiarity with real estate, finance, and accounting principles.
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel (beyond beginner level), Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Foundational understanding of the firm’s project types, project management concepts and methodologies, as well as general industry knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to be productive in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional work environment, exemplifying grit and grace under pressure.
- Proven adaptability, flexibility, and creativity.
- Intellectually curious, with strong analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Demonstrated commitment to professionalism with a strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence and risk taking.
- Aptitude and self-motivation for continuous learning, professional growth, and development.
- Demonstrated self-awareness and assertiveness.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, as well as collaboratively in a group setting.
- Excellent oral, group facilitation, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Meticulous with excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Clear support for the firm’s mission, values, and operating paradigm.
- Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge and understanding of individuals from diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity, cultural, disability and ethical backgrounds.
Salary & Benefits
- 100% company-paid medical, prescription, and dental insurance premiums for
employees and their children
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care expenses
- Company-paid contributions to 401(k) retirement accounts
- Flextime and telecommuting
- Parental leave
- Voluntary vision insurance
- Company-paid disability and life insurance
- Vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- Commuter benefits
- A dedicated Learning & Development department that provides a comprehensive in-house training program, buddy and mentorship programs, access to external training engagements, and in-house conferences, among many other resources
- Employee Assistance Program
- Corporate fitness center access at most locations
- Wellness Committee and wellness-based programming
- Employee recognition program
How to Apply