Project Manager, Planning
Central Atlanta Progress
The Downtown Atlanta Master Plan (DAMP) guides CAP/ADID’s work towards a more vibrant, livable, and equitable Downtown. CAP is seeking a creative, dynamic, and collaborative individual to support the implementation of DAMP with a focus on transportation planning, transportation demand management (TDM) policy, and capital placemaking efforts in the public realm.
Central Atlanta Progress, Inc. (CAP) is a private, nonprofit corporation of Atlanta business leaders, property owners, and institutions working with each other and the government since 1941 to help build a better city center. CAP carries out research and planning and acts as a catalyst for a wide range of programs and projects for the improvement of Downtown Atlanta. Our affiliate organization, the Atlanta Downtown Improvement District (ADID), funds transportation, capital improvements, public safety, cleanliness, and marketing programs. For more information, visit our website.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Transportation, the Project Manager will:
- Manage Capital Investments in Public Realm Placemaking (i.e. signage, asphalt art, parklets, blah-za enhancements): Ideate, plan, and implement capital investments that contribute to Downtown placemaking. Oversee consulting designers, landscape architects, planners, engineers and contractors through concept, design, engineering and construction phases. Coordinate extensively with government and institutional partners.
- Support Transportation Planning: Assist with the execution of transportation studies and plans, transportation infrastructure grant applications, and other transportation-related duties.
- Support Transportation Demand Management Initiatives: Encourage mode shift to more sustainable transportation via comprehensive program development and policy adoption. Primary collaborators are the City of Atlanta, large institutional employers (i.e. Grady Hospital and Georgia State University), and off-street parking operators.
- Coordinate Large Event Transportation and Traffic Management: Partner with special events venues (i.e. Georgia World Congress Center, Mercedes-Benz Stadium, State Farm Arena) to improve large event operations.
- Develop, nurture, and uplift external relationships: Establish and nurture relationships with and between the City of Atlanta, property owners and managers, businesses, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate Intra/Interdepartmentally: Work with other members of the CAP team on the execution of planning and capital projects and to communicate activities in support of economic development and marketing initiatives.
- Other duties that may be assigned related to the administration and execution of CAP/ADID transportation and capital programs.
This position requires a combination of skills, experience and education including, but not limited to the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in city planning, architecture, landscape architecture, urban studies, construction, civil engineering or other related field with 2-4 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. An equivalent combination of education and work experience is acceptable.
- The ability to thrive and work effectively independently and as a part of a team.
- An exceptional level of detail orientation, the ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects, meet deadlines, problem-solve, and multi-task.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
- Ability to be resourceful, solve problems and handle stress.
- A commitment to or passion for vibrant Downtowns that are diverse, inclusive, and accessible.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook Excel, Word and PowerPoint) is required. Graphics experience would be an asset.
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a salary range between $55,000 and $65,000 annually, commensurate with experience. Work will be done predominantly in a Downtown Atlanta office. Typical office hours are 8:30 AM until 5 PM.
Employment, including benefits, is provided through Central Atlanta Progress, Inc. (CAP) and offers employees a competitive benefits package, including health insurance, dental insurance, short-term disability, and a 401(k) savings program.
CAP is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, disability, religion, creed, political affiliation, race, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Full COVID-19 vaccination is required.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should e-mail a letter of interest and their resume to Shayna Pollock. Only those applicants deemed qualified will be contacted. No phone calls, please.