Atlanta Regional Commission
The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) is the regional planning and intergovernmental coordination agency that focuses on issues critical to the region’s success, including growth and development, transportation, water resources, services for older adults and workforce solutions. ARC is dedicated to unifying the region’s collective resources to prepare the metropolitan area for a prosperous future. This is done through professional planning initiatives, the provision of objective information and the involvement of the community in collaborative partnerships.
This individual will be responsible for leading programs carried out by the Community Development group, specifically the development of long-range plans including the Regional Development Plan (RDP) and Comprehensive Economic Competitiveness Strategy (CEDS). This individual will also create local comprehensive plans and local plans created through the Community Development Assistance Program (CDAP).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of local and regional planning practice in metropolitan Atlanta, including plan preparation, stakeholder engagement, and the role of appointed and elected officials;
- Skill in planning, implementing and managing program components;
- Skill in developing and managing program budgets;
- Ability to manage, supervise and evaluate staff;
- Ability to implement programs and prioritize and assign work to staff to attain goals;
- Ability to interact with partner agencies, local governments, and the general public;
- Ability to manage and contribute to complex projects and to work as part of a multidisciplinary team;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent management skills and the ability to juggle competing priorities;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software applications and client-related databases.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (equivalent combination acceptable):
- Master’s degree in urban or regional planning, economics, architecture, landscape architecture or related field
- Four (4) years of professional planning experience
- Two (2) years of supervisory or project management experience
In addition to the detailed examples of responsibilities and abilities contained herein, all employees of the Atlanta Regional Commission are expected to model behavior consistent with the guiding principles outlined in our Evolution Strategy. Specifically, incumbents are responsible for demonstrating work habits that are:
- Interdisciplinary by promoting professional and interpersonal connections and integration across functional disciplines;
- Holistic by seeking expertise within the team, Group, or Agency to produce his/her work output, and demonstrating a strong understanding of and support for interrelationships between their work and the work of others in the team, Group, or Agency;
- Actionable by continuously striving to improve his/her capabilities to produce sustainable outcomes, and displaying a strong need for achievement and a high energy level to attain goals;
- Outcome Based by taking the initiative to meet goals and expectations, and consistently striving to produce tangible results with significant visible impact, and;
- Targeted toward Ensuring Colleagues’ Success by willingly and deliberately providing his/her expertise to others in an effort to build and sustain effective internal and external working relationships, and by modeling behaviors that consistently demonstrate concern for colleagues’ success, needs, respect, trust and integrity.
Salary & Benefits
Annual Salary Range: $74,063 – $125,908 no SS deductions except for Medicare portion, approx. 1.45% of salary
How to Apply