Northeast Georgia Regional Commission
Description of Job / Position
The Northeast Georgia Regional Commission (NEGRC) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Project Specialist within its Planning & Government Services (PGS) Division. The Project Specialist is primarily responsible for assisting in local and regional efforts related to community/economic development and planning.
The ideal candidate will have experience and working knowledge in several areas of local-government administration including: grant application development and grant administration, policy analysis, and local and regional planning. They will also have professional or educational experience in historic preservation, community development, and/or downtown development. This position requires an ability to perform research, prepare and assemble written materials and specialized plans, and assist in various forms of community engagement.
This position reports to the NEGRC’s Director of Planning & Government Services. Visit https://negrc.org/careers for the complete job description.
- Demonstrated research and analytical experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to prepare and make public presentations in a variety of local government settings
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines
- Ability to work independently but also on project teams
- Effective in working directly with elected officials, local government staff, and community stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in history, English, planning, political science, or similar area of study
- Master’s degree in Historic Preservation, City and/or Regional Planning, Public Administration or Policy, or related field
- Grant writing and administration experience
- Educational or professional experience in historic preservation planning
- Familiarity with Georgia procurement requirements
- Professional or educational experience in Downtown development/community development
- One year of related work experience
Salary & Benefits
The range for starting, annual salary is $34,000-$42,000 based on experience and qualifications. A competitive benefits package is provided.
How to Apply
Send a complete resume and cover letter to: Eva Kennedy, Director of Planning & Government Services.
Applications can also be mailed to:
NEGRC, Attn: Eva Kennedy, Director of Planning & Government Services,
305 Research Drive
Athens, GA 30605-2795
Review of received resumes will begin on September 25, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. No telephone inquiries accepted. The NEGRC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.