Southwest Georgia Regional Commission
This is a mid-level position in the field of comprehensive planning and related activities. The employee is under a moderate level of supervision and performs a wide range of activities, including developing local and regional Comprehensive Plans, Solid Waste Management Plans, Land Use Plans, Zoning Ordinances, Zoning Maps, Subdivision Regulations, and Capital Improvement Programs. Candidates will also be expected to develop and write grant applications and provide training and technical assistance to local governments.
- The candidate must have strong analytical skills, the ability to resolve problems from a practical standpoint, excellent verbal and written skills, and the ability to relate well to staff and local government officials and the public.
- Must be able to organize, develop, analyze and reduce large amounts of data, concepts, and ideas into clear, concise reports, plans or documents.
- Must be able to work on several projects or issues simultaneously.
- Must have the ability to manage projects effectively and meet firm deadlines.
- Must have a Master’s degree in Public Administration, Planning, Business Administration, Transportation, or closely related field.
- AICP Certification is preferred.
- Must have at least one to four year’s planning experience.
- Must have a valid Georgia Driver’s license.
Salary & Benefits
$35,000 to $50,000
How to Apply
Please email your resume.