Southwest Georgia Regional Commisson
This is a mid-level position in the field of comprehensive planning and related activities. Under a moderate level of supervision, employees in this position perform a wide range of activities, including developing local and regional Comprehensive Plans, Solid Waste Management Plans, Land Use Plans, Zoning Ordinances, Zoning maps, Subdivision Regulations, and Capital Improvement Programs. Employees will also be expected to develop and write grant applications. An employee will also provide training and technical assistance to local Planning Commissions and recommendations on rezoning, subdivision development, and other land use issues. Performs any other duties as assigned. This position reports to the Planning Director.
- Must have strong analytical skills, ability to resolve problems from a practical standpoint, excellent verbal and oral communication skills, and ability to relate well to staff, local government officials, and the public.
- Must be able to organize, develop, analyze and otherwise reduce large amounts of data and concepts and ideas into clear, concise reports, plans or documents.
- Must possess sufficient expertise with computers and word processing to accomplish the duties assigned effectively.
- Must be able to work on several projects or issues simultaneously. Must have the ability to manage projects effectively and meet firm deadlines.
- Must have a Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Planning, Business Administration, Transportation, or closely related field. (Individual open positions will vary in terms of the most appropriate degree depending on the organization’s particular type of workload).
- AICP Certification is preferred.
- Must have at least one to four year’s planning experience.
- Must be willing to attend meetings outside of regular work hours.
- Must have a valid Georgia Driver’s license.
Salary & Benefits
$30,000 to $40,000 Annually
How to Apply
Interested persons should submit a resume via email.