The Ray is pursuing partnership opportunities with transportation agencies across the US to
scale the innovative technologies and methodologies successfully demonstrated on The Ray Highway. To better understand potential partner organizations, The Ray seeks to gain insight into the environmental, sustainability, energy, innovation, climate, and intelligent transportation system programs of transportation agencies both nationwide and internationally. Learn more at www.TheRay.org.
This internship will focus on The Rays’ Eastern Region, and will report to that Regional Manager, but may report to other Regional Managers, GIS staff, or communications staff on specific tasks.
- Research state Department of Transportation (DOT) climate, sustainability, innovation, electrification, and intelligent transportation system programs, including related goals and performance metrics.
- Research federal, state, and local policies pertaining to DOTs and the deployment of emerging technology and renewable energy infrastructure.
- Research transportation-specific technologies and other innovative technologies that can be applied to transportation use cases.
- Prepare analysis of ROI (financial, climate, etc.) and other outcomes (both quantifiable and non-quantifiable, as well as quantitative) of projects.
- Compile a user-friendly executive summaries of research that will be used to inform partnership strategies.
- Attend team and partnership meetings as requested by The Ray staff.
See a full description at www.theray.org.
- Undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in a related field
- Strong written communications skills
- Strong analytic skills and experience
- Basic understanding of policy, technology, and government
- Self-motivated, flexible team player with a positive attitude
- Commitment and passion for the environment
- Demonstrate ability in investment analysis: business/financial acumen, ROI metrics, data driven decisions, qualitative and quantitative considerations
- Proficiency with Tableau, statistical analysis, and GIS
Salary & Benefits
This is a paid position at $10/hour for undergraduate students and $15/hour for graduate students.
How to Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Corey Hull.