Blue Cypress Consulting, LLC
Description of Job / Position
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. The statements that follow are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Blue Cypress is seeking a Senior Community Planner to support current projects and facilitate the expansion of our community planning services. As an integral part of our business development and technical team, the Senior Community Planner will manage projects, lead/mentor junior staff, develop and maintain client relationships, and lead business development activities. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 10 years of experience as a community planner at a Metro-Atlanta area planning firm. This candidate must have a successful track record of leadership, delivering projects on time and on budget, developing and maintaining client relationships, managing complex projects, and leading business development activities.
- Provide specialized community planning services in areas that may include: public outreach, land use planning, and military master planning
- Facilitate public meetings, including community meetings, visioning exercises, character preference surveys and design charrettes
- Create project documentation and an online presence for promotion of public input opportunities using a variety of platforms including MetroQuest, PublicInput, SurveyMonkey, MailChimp, ESRI StoryMaps, and social media.
- Prepare and present information to elected and appointed boards and authorities, local government staff, and citizens
- Perform current and long-range planning tasks concerning land development, transportation planning, preservation of open space, zoning, and historic preservation
- Manage concurrent large, complex projects and successfully deliver these on time and on budget
- Maintain and grow core client relationships and assess client needs with the goal of delivering tailored, cost effective solutions
- Prepare and participate in business development activities such as client engagement, proposal writing, and presentations
- Supervise, delegate, and oversee work of junior staff
- B.S. in City, Urban or Regional Planning, Urban Design, Public Administration, Landscape Architecture, Geography or a related technical discipline
- American Institute of Certified Planners certification
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a planning consultant in a Metro-Atlanta firm
- Advanced proficiency in planning and zoning principles and practices
- Demonstrated strong project management skills with ability to effectively manage collaborative teams with concurrent projects and deadlines
- Established network of contacts in planning field within the Metro Atlanta region, including local architecture & engineering firms and planning clients
- Proven ability to establish and grow client base
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exemplary work ethic
- Ability to attend evening and weekend meetings
- Masters Degree in Urban and Regional Planning or a related technical discipline
- Working knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS and Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working on federal projects
Company Profile: Blue Cypress Consulting, LLC, (Blue Cypress) is a vibrant and growing woman-owned small business (WBE/DBE) headquartered in Decatur, Georgia, providing Community Planning, Public Outreach, GIS and Utility Management Services. The company was formed in 2013 with a vision of improving the communities in which we live and work. Our Community Planning team has a proven history of providing high quality community planning, public outreach, and GIS consulting services to municipal clients in the Metro-Atlanta area and beyond. We add value through responsiveness; a focus on innovation; offering honest, respectful and well thought through advice; and high-end analytical services. We strive to stay sharp, monitor and set trends, and think outside the box to offer fresh ideas to our clients. We sweat the details, while keeping our eye on the strategic horizon. Above all, quality and integrity are the touchstones of Blue Cypress culture.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Benefits of working with us:
At Blue Cypress Consulting, we consider each employee’s circumstances, and strive to offer flexible work arrangements and to promote work/life balance. Embracing this balance, and depending on their location and circumstances, our employees may work out of our Decatur office, their home, or a collaborative workshare space. We utilize remote working tools such as screen sharing and professional conference calling equipment, as well as cloud file storage, enabling our consultants access to their team and data from any client site. We offer a retirement account matching program, competitive paid-time-off, and health insurance plans.
Employee Development – Our Philosophy
We believe in helping our employees align their energy with their passion. We believe in setting our employees up for success by providing a structure to develop their careers. We believe in mentorship that nurtures passion and challenges the intellect. We embrace the entrepreneurial spirit and are seeking a candidate with the same passion for making our company their own and changing the world. We support getting involved in community and trade organizations, attending career related training opportunities, and attending conferences to present and to learn.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter via email to Tiffany Stone.