Senior Environmental Planner
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Senior Environmental Planner to work in Atlanta, Denver, San Francisco, San Jose, Oakland, Washington, DC, Miami, Orlando, Portland, OR, Dallas, Redmond, or Seattle. Be involved in projects with our Federal Program Environment Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges. Visit this link to learn more about our Federal Programs Team.
Responsibilities will include leading and managing a team for the planning, development, and implementation of environmental projects ensuring projects comply with environmental laws and regulations; planning studies and documents related to National Environmental Policy Act documentation; initiate and coordinate project development requirements with WSP personnel, outside contractors, and agency/tribal stakeholders; manage environmental and planning studies for a variety of federal clients; plan and control project schedules and budgets; manage staff and guide team members in the preparation of environmental planning studies; and lead and participate in public and stakeholder engagement activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in planning or environmental science;
- 7+ years of relevant experience;
- Client requirements include ability to obtain a Secret level US Security clearance;
- Strong project, contract management and experience managing a team of nationwide subject matter experts;
- Experience managing National Environmental Policy Act Documents (NEPA) for federal clients;
- Familiarity with rules and regulations related to NEPA; Endangered Species Act; Migratory Bird; Treaty Act; Clean Water Act; and state and local environmental rules and regulations and related reporting requirements (e.g., Environmental Assessments; Biological Assessments; etc.);
- Potential to travel for short periods (2-4 days) approx. 30% of the time.
Salary & Benefits
WSP provides a flexible and agile workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
How to Apply
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.