Southwest Georgia Regional Commisson
Description of Job / Position
This is a mid-level position in the field of comprehensive planning and related activities. The employee in this position, will, under a moderate level of supervision, perform a wide range of activities including the development of local and regional Comprehensive Plans, Solid Waste Management Plans, Land Use Plans, Zoning Ordinances, Zoning maps, Subdivision Regulations, and development and Capital Improvement Programs. The employee will also be expected to develop and write grant applications, review comprehensive plan amendments, rezonings, annexations, and historic preservation rehabilitation/restoration construction work. The employee will provide technical assistance to local Planning Commissions involving rezoning, subdivision development, and other land use issues. The Senior Planner may supervise Planner I or II. Reports to the Planning Director.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Ability to resolve problems from a practical standpoint.
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills.
- Ability to relate well to staff and local government officials and the public.
- Must be able to organize, develop, analyze and otherwise reduce large amounts of data and concepts and ideas into clear, concise reports, plans or documents.
- Must have a Master’s Degree in Planning, Public Administration, Business Administration, Transportation or closely related field and five years of professional planning experience.
- AICP Certification is preferred.
- Must be willing to attend meetings outside of normal work hours.
- Must have a valid Georgia Driver’s license.
Salary & Benefits
Salary based on experience. Starting salary of $40,000. Benefits offered: Paid time off, Health insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs, Other types of insurance, Retirement benefits or accounts, Education assistance or tuition reimbursement, Flexible schedules, Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules.
How to Apply
Please submit resume via email.