Peachtree City, GA
Description of Job / Position
- Provides primary supervision over the permit and plan review process.
- Ensures permits are received, processed, reviewed, and issued within the approved policies and timelines.
- Supervises staff and contractors responsible for intake and review of permits and plan reviews.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting performance measures to the Director, City Council, and the
general public. Suggests improvements for streamlining review process to Director.
- Is plan reviewer for commercial site plans, landscape plans, lighting plans, architectural elevations,
and residential subdivision plats.
- Assists the Director in processing and reviewing variance, rezoning, annexation, and special use
- Encourages and promotes a culture of excellent customer service. Provides general information to
citizens, developers, staff, and elected and appointed officials regarding planning-related matters.
- Ensures website, brochures, applications, and other sources of information pertaining to the Planning & Development Department are up to date and correct.
- Assists with the deployment of the City’s on-line permit application software and addresses issues as they arise.
- Maintains thorough knowledge and understanding of the City’s Code of Ordinances, Zoning Ordinance, and Land Development Ordinance.
- Makes presentations to the Planning Commission.
- Assists the Director in maintaining the Comprehensive Plan, Capital Improvements Element, and other special plans as they arise.
- Researches and prepares updates to the City’s zoning and land development ordinances.
- Coordinates the maintenance and on-going enhancement of the City’s Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Provides interpretation and assistance to the Code Enforcement Department.
- Assists with maintaining related files and records.
- Performs landscape inspections for non-residential projects.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge of planning principles and practices.
- Knowledge of land management principles.
- Knowledge of City and department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of City codes and ordinances.
- Knowledge of architectural and urban design principles.
- Knowledge of landscape architecture principles.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Knowledge of permit processing and plan review requirements in the State of Georgia.
- Knowledge of planning requirements in the State of Georgia.
- Knowledge of routine legal procedures as related to the enforcement of laws and ordinances.
- Skill in reading plans and interpreting technical reports.
- Skill in management and supervision.
- Skill in the facilitation of meetings.
- Skill in public relations.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to write reports, communicating complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to speak publicly in a succinct and clear manner.
- Ability to read plans to scale.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and the general public.
Salary & Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Deferred Compensation Plan, Defined Benefit Pension Plan
How to Apply