Description of Job / Position
CPL, a full-service architecture, engineering, and planning firm providing planning & development services for municipal clients is seeking to add a professional planner to our team. This position will be filled as a Senior Planner. The candidate will work full-time for CPL out of our Chamblee, GA office adjacent to the Chamblee MARTA station, serving a variety of clients for municipal services and project work. This position provides a wide range of planning and zoning-related duties that is creative, varied, and fast-paced. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and eager to be a part of a growing and progressive firm.
- Providing customer service for city-related planning and zoning matters, both in-person and over the phone;
- Writing staff memos for zoning-related applications for city boards and councils;
- Conducting research on planning and zoning-related matters;
- Completing zoning plan reviews for commercial building permits, land disturbance permits, plats and other land development/zoning related applications;
- Attending other meetings, as needed;
- Presenting cases to city boards and councils;
- Assisting with long-range planning and zoning projects for multiple clients;
- Reading, interpreting, and writing zoning codes;
- Contributing to internal master planning charrettes;
- Writing reports for comprehensive and other master plans;
- Organizing and attending public input meetings for master planning and other zoning-related projects;
- Traveling to other local offices and clients may be necessary; and
- Completing other special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning or related field is required. Master’s degree in Urban Planning, Public Administration or related field is preferred.
- AICP certification is preferred.
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience is preferred.
- Background in graphic and/or urban design is a plus but is not required.
Salary & Benefits
CPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a competitive compensation and benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply