City of Fayetteville
The purpose of this position is to perform professional planning and community development tasks to include the processing of applications, permits, and business license requests while monitoring zoning ordinance and code compliance.
- Assists developers, co-workers and the public with information regarding zoning code compliance, the planning process or project updates.
- Reviews conceptual and site developmental plans for compliance with City Ordinances.
- Reviews and processes complex comprehensive plan amendments, re-zonings, annexations, site plans, and plats.
- Conducts research and prepares statistical reports on land use, physical, social, and economic issues.
- Assists the Planning and Zoning Manager and Community Development Director in preparation of comprehensive plan updates and other technical reports.
- Assists in preparation of monthly reports, forms and correspondence for the planning department.
- Assists with the preparation of Staff Recommendations to the Planning and Zoning Commission, and Mayor and Council as needed; attends and makes presentations tp Planning and Zoning commission and City Council as needed.
- Files and retrieves materials and data from department computerized and manual filing systems.
- Provides administrative support to the Planning & Zoning Commission and the Public.
- Reviews business licenses, home occupation applications, and inspect installations for compliance with development plans, landscape and tree protection ordinances.
- Enforces City Ordinances related to zoning and administrative issues.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Urban Planning or related field.
- Three (3) years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Salary & Benefits
Salary Range: $56,864 – $88,140, dependent on qualifications and experience.
How to Apply