Atlanta Regional Commission
The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) is the regional planning and intergovernmental coordination agency that focuses on issues critical to the region’s success, including growth and development, transportation, water resources, services for older adults and workforce solutions. ARC is dedicated to unifying the region’s collective resources to prepare the metropolitan area for a prosperous future. This is done through professional planning initiatives, the provision of objective information and the involvement of the community in collaborative partnerships.
This individual will be responsible for supporting the Transportation Planning Department’s (TPD) Performance Analysis and Monitoring section. In addition to performing a variety of assignments related to transportation system performance analysis including transportation demand model, data management, Scenario modeling, design Dashboard, computer program coding, and processing; conducting specific performance analyses and filling data requests for internal and external planning clients; and other activities necessary to support the TAMD function and ARC’s mission.
- Evaluates regional transportation planning trends and existing conditions using technical tools, including travel demand models and other analytical tool sets;
- Reviews planning requirements for performance measures and targets;
- Supports internal procedures to address these needs through technical evaluations for topics such as air quality, congestion, safety, health, etc.;
- Possesses highly trained computer skills to modify current transportation models;
- Coordinates with internal staff and regional technical and policy stakeholders on performance measures, monitor Federal regulations and rulemaking;
- Provides input in crafting technical evaluation and support activities to meet Federal requirements;
- Performs other duties as assigned to support agency goals and objectives.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledgeable with big data analysis, and computer coding skills;
- Knowledge of ArcGIS, along with understanding the underlying theory;
- Knowledge of big data analysis, visualization, and computer coding skills;
- Knowledge of principles and practices of urban and regional planning and planning analysis;
- Ability to gather data, analyze findings, and apply logic and reason;
- Ability to develop new and innovative analytical tools;
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, collaborative relationships with all levels of staff and strategic partners;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and the VisionEval software to apply regional travel demand models for scenario planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in urban or regional planning, economics, architecture, landscape architecture or related field
- Two (2) years of professional urban planning experience
- Previous computer coding and transportation planning experience (Preferred)
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation.
Salary & Benefits
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE: $57,058 – $96,997
(no SS deductions except for Medicare portion, approx. 1.45% of salary).
How to Apply