Blue Cypress Consulting
Blue Cypress Consulting is seeking a Senior Transportation Planner / Project Manager (Senior Community Planner) with 10 to 15 years of experience to support current and future projects in the areas of public outreach and transportation planning. The Community Planning Project Manager will be an integral part of our team and be responsible for managing projects and helping lead pursuits and marketing efforts.
This candidate must have strong communication and organizational skills, be skilled at balancing a variety of projects concurrently, and be comfortable working in a team environment. This candidate must have a successful track record of delivering projects on time and on budget, maintaining client relationships, and supervising project work. The ideal candidate has a minimum of ten years of experience working as a community planner or transportation planner at a consulting firm, preferably in the Metro-Atlanta area, and has robust experience engaging meaningfully with public and community stakeholders.
If you are excited about shaping your career to fit your passions and want to influence the direction in which our company grows, we want to talk to you.
- Managing concurrent projects and successfully delivering these on time and on budget.
- Supervising, delegating, and overseeing work of junior staff on project delivery.
- Performing current and long-range planning tasks for transit, safety, bicycle and pedestrian, trails, and other transportation planning efforts, as current project work allows.
- Managing or overseeing outreach tasks as a part of larger planning efforts.
- Developing strategies for outreach initiatives, including tailoring solutions to meet project needs and leading community and stakeholder meetings.
- Overseeing the creation of project documentation
- Overseeing the creation of an online presence for promotion of public input opportunities using a variety of platforms, such as Social Pinpoint, SurveyMonkey, MailChimp, ESRI StoryMaps, social media, the Adobe Creative Suite, and other tools as requested by clients.
- Preparing and participating in business development activities such as client engagement, opportunity identification, proposal writing, and presentations.
- Supervise, delegate, and oversee work of junior staff.
Blue Cypress Consulting is a vibrant and growing woman-owned small business (WBE/DBE) headquartered in Decatur, Georgia, with growing offices in Cincinnati, OH, and Seattle, WA. Formed in 2013, the firm provides clients with best-in-class utility management and community development consulting services. We add value through responsiveness; a focus on innovation; offering honest, respectful, and well-thought-through advice; and high-end analytical services. We strive to stay sharp, monitor and set trends, and think outside the box to offer fresh ideas to our clients. We sweat the details, while keeping our eye on the strategic horizon. Above all, quality and integrity are the touchstones of Blue Cypress culture.
Employee Development – Our Philosophy
We believe in helping our employees align their energy with their passion. We believe in setting our employees up for success by providing structure to develop their careers. We believe in mentorship that nurtures passion and challenges the intellect. We embrace the entrepreneurial spirit and are seeking a candidate with the same passion for making our company their own and changing the world. We support getting involved in community and trade organizations, attending career related training opportunities, and attending conferences to present and to learn.
Benefits of Working with Us
Blue Cypress Consulting won an Atlanta Business Chronicle Best Place to Work award in 2021 after being nominated by our employees. Our commitment to our team members and the company culture is a top priority. At Blue Cypress Consulting, we offer flexible work arrangements/schedules and strive to promote work/life balance. We utilize remote working tools such as screen sharing and professional conference calling equipment, as well as cloud file storage, enabling our consultants access to their team and data from any client site. We offer competitive paid time off, a retirement account matching program, and comprehensive healthcare plans.
The Ministry of Culture (MOC) at Blue Cypress is an employee-driven, management-supported effort that provides a place to guide company culture, promote team building, and create a positive work environment that makes employees feel valued and appreciated. The MOC currently implements the following four initiatives:
- Team Building
- Community Involvement
- Wellness & Environmental
- Master’s degree in City, Urban, or Regional Planning, Urban Design, Public Policy, or a related field
- Demonstrated management skills with ability to effectively oversee staff and project work across concurrent projects and deadlines
- Demonstrated understanding of transportation planning data tools, processes, trends, and best practices
- Ability to provide creative and critical thinking strategies to planning work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and desire to work on a variety of planning projects
- Ability to attend evening and weekend meetings
- Team-oriented self-starter
- Exemplary work ethic
- Demonstrated leadership in both project management and supervision of staff
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including expertise in Word
- American Institute of Certified Planners Certification
- Ten plus years of experience as a planning consultant
- Demonstrated skillset in Adobe Creative Suite products (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
Work Authorization: Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.
Salary & Benefits
$100,000 – $115,000
How to Apply