Special Projects Coordinator
DeKalb County Government
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Performs administrative functions such as payroll, personnel, benefits, P-Card, and Oracle; provides technical and administrative assistance; develops effective and efficient operating procedures and workflow management; educates employees on various functions, requirements, deadlines, and changes as required by senior management; provides information and referrals to citizens who walk or call needing immediate assistance.
- Plans and organizes special projects; develops programs for the department while functioning as project lead; leads strategic planning; maintains and balances One DeKalb/START2 Grant including financial and programmatic reporting.
- Establishes relationships with the business community, citizens, and other local agencies to connect existing resources and streamline the delivery of direct and indirect services; researches specific community problems that impede human development, and creates initiatives to address them; coordinates and attends community meetings and workshops; develops and manages community partnership with non-profits, community leaders, and faith based organizations; maintains the department website to ensure all information is accurate and updated for public information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/ Public Administration or a related field required;
- Three years of experience in project management or public administration; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license.
Salary & Benefits
Salary Range: $50,119 – $77,684
How to Apply