City of Sandy Springs
Sandy Springs, Georgia
The City of Sandy Springs is seeking a summer intern to assist with the sustainability program. The City has many active sustainability projects, including the preparation of a comprehensive Sustainability Plan. Earlier this year, Sandy Springs was recognized at the gold level from the Green Communities, a program of the Atlanta Regional Commission.
The Sustainability Intern will be responsible for the management of the Green Communities certification renewal and the development and implementation of other sustainability initiatives. The intern will be tasked with auditing the measures already adopted and identifying those that could be considered. The sustainability plan should be underway shortly and the intern will have the opportunity to contribute meaningfully to the planning process.
This internship is an opportunity to expand knowledge in environmental sustainability and gain experience in project management in a municipal setting.
- Compile and organize large amounts of information
- Develop a performance tracking system
- Organize and facilitate internal cross-departmental meetings
- Research sustainable practices
- Prepare recommendations and reports
- Participate in the preparation of the Sustainability Plan
- Develop and implement other sustainability initiatives
- Knowledge of principles of environmental sustainability
- Ability to communicate complex issues
- Strong analytical skills
- Proactive, highly organized and efficient
- Rallying, collaborative attitude
- Upper-level studies in sustainability, environmental policy, urban planning or related area of study
Salary & Benefits
Ungraduate: $12 Hourly. Graduate: $14 Hourly.
How to Apply