Modern Mobility Partners
Modern Mobility Partners, a full-service transportation planning firm founded in January 2018, is looking for a Transit Planner with interest in transit planning, data analysis, public administration, formula funding administration, and general transportation planning.
This position will assist our growing firm in transit planning studies, reports, and analyses and will begin by acting as an extension of staff for the Georgia Department of Transportation, Intermodal Division. It is anticipated that this position will be on-site at GDOT approximately four (4) days per week and at Modern Mobility Partners office one (1) day a week. This schedule could change depending on the needs of GDOT and Modern Mobility Partners. Following the on-site contract with GDOT, this position will transition to Modern Mobility Partners and work on a variety transportation planning projects. During COVID-19, this position will be a remote working position until GDOT staff returns to the office and/or when Modern Mobility Partners determine it is safe and appropriate to return to an office setting.
The individual will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team to complete a variety of projects. Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Acting as a representative of GDOT during meetings
- Communicating effectively as a liaison between GDOT, transit operators and other agencies and stakeholders
- Assisting GDOT management and transit operators with Federal Transit Authority (FTA) funding and reporting
- Assisting transit operators around the state of Georgia with administrative and operational support and guidance
- Collecting, compiling, reviewing, and organizing data
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping and analysis
- Identifying challenges and opportunities and developing solutions that best meet the needs of GDOT
- Technical writing and review of planning documents and reports
- Assisting with preparation of PowerPoint presentations
- Assisting in stakeholder facilitation
Why Choose Modern Mobility Partners?
Learn transportation planning methods and practices from some of the most reputable transportation planners and project managers in the industry. Be part of an exciting new firm with great energy and a desire to push the envelope, think outside the box, and provide value to our clients and teaming partners.
This position offers a great deal of hands-on experience and provides great opportunities to work on a variety of projects across different transportation arenas.
Modern Mobility Partners, LLC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in urban studies, urban planning, transportation engineering, public administration, geography, or related field with 5-8 years of experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong written and communication skills
- Master’s Degree in urban planning, transportation engineering, public administration, or related field with 4-7 years of experience in transit planning
- AICP, PTP or PE or ability to obtain within 1 year
- Proficiency in ArcGIS
Salary & Benefits
Salary range: $65-90K
Excellent benefits including: health, dental, vision, HSA, tuition reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteer days, life insurance and disability coverage.
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter in pdf format.