Blue Cypress Consulting
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. The statements that follow are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Blue Cypress is seeking a Transit Planner to support our growing Community Planning practice. This position will function as staff-extension for a current project with Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT), Intermodal Section, and as such will be located on-site at the client. Note: GDOT is currently working remotely due to COVID-19, so this position will begin as a remote position, transitioning to the GDOT offices as the staff returns. The position is in response to an initial one-year task order, and renewal of the task order for additional years will be dependent on the successful candidate integrating with the GDOT Transit team. The Transit Planner will manage tasks and projects for GDOT and develop and maintain client relationships.
The ideal candidate has between 5 and 10 years of experience as a transportation planner, with a passion for transit. This candidate must have a successful track record of leadership, delivering tasks on time and on budget, and developing and maintaining client relationships. The successful candidate will also have experience conducting research and writing white papers, and the ability to quickly respond to changing work conditions through reprioritization and flexibility.
Responsibilities may Include:
- Representing GDOT at project team meetings and documenting the meetings
- Preparation and/or delivery of presentations to local agencies on transit topics
- Preparation of public information materials related to transit
- Development of or review of transit plans developed by planning agencies or local governments
- Technical analysis related to statewide transit plans
- Compilation and analysis of data on transit assets, including transit vehicles, non-revenue vehicles and facilities, including inventories and condition assessment reviews
- Preparation of reports, etc., on GDOT’s Transit Asset Management Plan (TAM Plan)
- Development of grant application forms, providing technical assistance on the grant application process, and evaluating grant applications
- Conducting analysis of grant funding requests, documenting grant activities
- Review of proposed scopes of work and deliverables
- Review and assessment of quarterly local sub recipient milestone reports
- Review and assessment of proposed procurement documents, including bids, requests for proposals, etc.
- Assistance in submission of FTA quarterly milestone reports
- Assisting transit systems in identifying needed corrective actions in response to FTA or GDOT audits or program reviews
Blue Cypress Consulting, LLC, (Blue Cypress) is a vibrant and growing woman-owned small business (WBE/DBE) headquartered in Decatur, Georgia, providing Community Planning, Public Outreach, GIS and Utility Management Services. The company was formed in 2013 with a vision of improving the communities in which we live and work. Our Community Planning team has a proven history of providing high quality community planning, public outreach, and GIS consulting services to clients in the Metro-Atlanta area and beyond. We add value through responsiveness; a focus on innovation; offering honest, respectful, and well-thought advice; and high-end analytical services. We strive to stay sharp, monitor and set trends, and think outside the box to offer fresh ideas to our clients. We sweat the details, while keeping our eye on the strategic horizon. Above all, quality and integrity are the touchstones of Blue Cypress culture.
- B.S. in City, Urban or Regional Planning, Transportation Engineering, Urban Design, Public Administration, Landscape Architecture, Geography or a related technical discipline
- American Institute of Certified Planners certification
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience as a transportation planner
- Advanced proficiency in transportation planning principles and practices, preferably with an emphasis on transit planning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated research skills
- Demonstrated flexibility to quickly switch priorities and between tasks
- Exemplary work ethic
- Working knowledge of transit policy and funding, ridership and scheduling, and on-demand services
- Masters Degree in Urban and Regional Planning or a related technical discipline
- Working knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS
- Demonstrated experience managing client relationships and/or working on a client site
Salary & Benefits
$29 to $36 per hour
Blue Cypress Consulting considers our commitment to our team members and the company culture a top priority. We hold monthly all-staff meetings, weekly stand-ups, and pop-up informal gatherings. We have an internal employee-driven, management supported effort that provides a place to guide company culture, promote team building, and create a positive work environment that makes employees feel valued and appreciated. This group currently implements the following four initiatives:
- Team Building
- Community Involvement
- Wellness & Environmental
At Blue Cypress Consulting, we consider each employee’s circumstances, and strive to offer flexible work arrangements and to promote work/life balance. We utilize remote working tools such as screen sharing and professional conference calling equipment, as well as cloud file storage, enabling our consultants access to their team and data from any client site. We offer a retirement account matching program, competitive paid-time-off, and health insurance plans.
This position, which includes serving as both an extension of GDOT staff and as a Blue Cypress employee, offers the benefits of building client-based expertise and relationships and the growth opportunities of working in small, yet growing consulting environment. The position will benefit from the resources of both GDOT staff and the Blue Cypress team. As a member of our growing Community Planning practice, the successful candidate will be able to leverage his/her experience in transit planning and relationships well beyond this project. In addition, s/he will be able to enjoy all of the benefits that come with being a Blue Cypress employee.
Employee Development – Our Philosophy
We believe in helping our employees align their energy with their passion. We believe in setting our employees up for success by providing a structure to develop their careers. We believe in mentorship that nurtures passion and challenges the intellect. We embrace the entrepreneurial spirit and are seeking a candidate with the same passion for making our company their own, integrating with the client, and changing the world. We support getting involved in community and trade organizations, attending career related training opportunities, and attending conferences to present and to learn.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and letter of interest to Tiffany Stone.