Chatham County Savannah Metropolitan Planning Commission
This is a transportation planning position focused primarily on long range multi-modal transportation planning which supports the core functions of the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO).
- The applicant should have a strong understanding of state and federal legislation as related to MPO planning.
- Previous experience with grant writing.
- Project management and consultant management experience is highly desired.
- The application should have a strong skill set with data collection, data analysis and GIS mapping and should be able to relay complicated data sets to a variety of audiences both technical and non-technical.
- The incumbent will actively coordinate the development of traffic impact studies for a wide range of development proposals, analyze study findings, and present recommendations to the Commission.
- The employee will also be an integral player in developing the multi modal Metropolitan Transportation Plan, Congestion management Process and the Non-Motorized Plan.
- The employee may participate or manage innovative corridor, area and multimodal transportation studies.
- The employee will serve as staff lead for the MPO’s multi modal functions including transit and non-motorized planning activities.
- Previous experience with sustainability and resilience planning is desired.
- The position involves interacting effectively with government and private sector agencies, developers, private consultants and the general public, as well as working cooperatively with other professionals on project teams.
- This position requires both excellent technical analysis abilities and an understanding of the planning process to advance the MPO’s initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. A Master’s Degree or extensive experience is preferred.
- Candidate should have a degree in Civil Engineering, Urban Planning, or a closely related field.
- Five (5) years of work experience in traffic engineering or transportation planning, or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and public presentation skills are essential.
- GIS skills are preferred.
Salary & Benefits
Medical, dental, vision, flexible benefits, pension, and 457 Plan.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to: Pamela Everett, Assistant Executive Director Compliance & Operations, Chatham County-Savannah Metropolitan Planning Commission, P. O. Box 8246, Savannah, GA 31412-8246; phone: 912-651-1440; fax: 912-335-5922.
Include the following subject line in email: Transportation Planner—MPO.