Atlanta-based TSW (www.tsw-design.com), award-winning planning, architecture, and landscape architecture firm located in Midtown Atlanta, has an opening in our Planning Studio.
We are seeking a ZONING/DEVELOPMENT CODE WRITER to work on zoning ordinances, unified development codes, and design guidelines in a variety of contexts ranging from urban to rural. The candidate must have at least three years of experience in writing and/or administering the relevant standards. Primary responsibilities will include preparing zoning codes and ordinances, code analysis, code graphics, and related outreach. Secondary responsibilities may include working on small area plans, comprehensive plans, historic districts, project entitlement, and other public policy documents.
We hope/expect that the selected candidate will:
- Have knowledge of and passion for zoning/development code writing, including a degree in city planning, law, public policy, English, or equivalent experience;
- Have a basic knowledge of zoning and land use law;
- Enjoy an innovative work environment;
- Have a passion for engaging with the public and be an effective communicator;
- Write clearly and concisely;
- Possess strong logic and critical thinking skills.
All applicants must have at least an intermediate knowledge of software including: Adobe InDesign, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint. Additionally, Photoshop, Illustrator, ARC GIS, and SketchUp skills are desirable, but not required.
Salary & Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits.
How to Apply
If you are interested, please visit our website and click Join The Team to upload a resume, writing sample, and graphic samples, as applicable.