Scope of Services
TASK 1: Management and Coordination
This task should cover all administration and management costs associated with completing the project. The consultant shall anticipate a minimum of bi-weekly check-ins with City staff to provide updates on progress toward key deliverables. The consultant shall anticipate the following meetings at a minimum:
- Public meeting with City Council/Planning Commission in a workshop to present results.
- Public meeting with City Council/Planning Commission to review and evaluate proposed recommendations for land use policy.
City Role and Responsibilities
The consultant will be overseen by the Planning Director and Assistant City Manager, with guidance provided by the City Council and Planning Commission. The City will provide the following services as part of the project:
- Access to present and historic relevant records;
- Provide existing City plans and research
- GIS support and data for the project
- Staff will assist in project management and administration. Staff will attend all meetings with the Consultant and assist the Consultant as a liaison with the Public as needed
- Staff will administer and coordinate and public meeting/hearing meeting agendas, minutes, and meeting information packets.
TASK 2: Housing Initiatives
- The Consultant will review relevant existing documentation and plans, studies, efforts, organizations, and programs relevant to the housing market in the City of Bainbridge.
- The Consultant will identify sources of funding for technical assistance for housing and other related programs included in the current housing initiatives.
- The Consultant will review programs to identify redundancy, coordination, and collaboration across multiple agency efforts.
- The Consultant will meet and interview major stakeholders, as necessary, to discuss the City’s housing needs and existing efforts. Members of the Project Steering Committee will facilitate the identification of key stakeholders and the compilation of data in the City.
- The Consultant will synthesize the baseline inventory of current services and programs, private, nonprofit, and public operators and providers in the City.
Deliverable: The Consultant will provide a Baseline Housing Initiatives Report containing the information gathered in Task 2.
TASK 3: Demographic, Geographic and Economic Data
- The Consultant will gather specific data relevant to population, household, housing and employment statistics including, but not limited to, historical and population growth trends, demographic data, household data, and employment data.
- The Consultant will conduct population forecasting for the City of Bainbridge as a whole.
- The Consultant will examine poverty, homelessness, sensitive populations, the elderly, disabled, etc., and identify any concentrated areas of poverty with regard to developing fair housing policies.
- The Consultant will break down data by neighborhood as well as the City as a whole and present findings.
Deliverable: The Consultant will provide a Technical Memorandum including maps, graphics, charts or other relevant depictions of the information gathered in Task 2.
TASK 4: Housing Stock, Trends and Projections
- The Consultant will review the current housing inventory and provide specific metrics for the City of Bainbridge regarding housing condition, ownership, type of dwelling, age of units, multiple-family units, neighborhood character, availability of utilities, access to services, etc.
- The Consultant will provide an inventory of existing subsidized housing, including availability, new or future subsidized housing, and other dwellings which serve as transitional and emergency housing.
- The Consultant will research proposed housing units, planned developments, and housing trends across the City.
- The Consultant will analyze and identify housing needs by neighborhood and citywide.
Deliverable: The Consultant will provide a Technical Memorandum or other document of summary of the existing housing inventory, projected housing trends, and identified needs as gathered in Task 4.
TASK 5: Market Analysis
- The Consultant will study residential real estate trends of all types of housing including an analysis of past residential sales prices, length of time on the market, and other relevant real estate metrics.
- The Consultant shall include information from new residential units, types of building permits issued and trends across the City.
- The analysis shall include the market rate for rental units in each neighborhood and the availability of rental units across the City of Bainbridge. Units shall be distinguished by type, number of bedrooms, size, location, condition and price in the analysis.
- Included in this report should be a summary of trends, historical data and future projections of the housing market. Historical data of ten years shall be included, and a period of ten years for futuristic projections.
Deliverable: The Consultant will provide a Market Analysis Report containing the information gathered in Task 5.
TASK 6: Develop Implementation Strategies and Recommendations
- The Consultant will develop recommendations for specific types, rate and other housing needs based on the Market Analysis Report. This shall be specific for each neighborhood and for the City of Bainbridge as a whole.
- The Study will provide recommendations to combat the deterioration of the older housing stock.
- The Study will include recommendations to increase housing affordability and housing choices by considering job opportunities, education, strategies for employers, economic growth and access to services.
- The Study will include the impact that demographic changes will have on Bainbridge’s housing stock and provide recommendations for suitable housing to fit the needs of the community.
- The Consultant will identify sources of funding (federal, state, local and private resources) for technical assistance for housing and other related programs included in the current housing initiatives.
- The Consultant will prepare a summary with the recommended initiatives and impacts.
- The final Study should include action steps specific to which entity(ies) would implement and strategies for decision-makers to use.
- The Study must consider existing and projected housing and economic conditions and detail how such conditions will be impacted by the Study.
Deliverable: The Consultant will provide a matrix with strategies for implementation identifying specific organizations with the capacity to implement action steps from information gathered in previous Tasks.
TASK 7: Final Document and Presentation to Stakeholders
Deliverable: The Consultant shall provide 20 paper copies and 1 electronic copy of: the Housing Needs Assessment and Market Assessment Report, The Neighborhoods Revitalization Plan, the Executive Summary and 1 paper copy and 1 electronic copy of the PowerPoint presentation(s), 1 electronic copy of all GIS shape files and maps, and other presentation materials.
RFP Questions Due: August 27, 2021
Applications Due: 2:00 p.m. September 24, 2021.