For 2022, the Georgia Chapter will support AICP exam candidates with a Chapter Certification Diversity Scholarship opportunity, study group connections, and virtual review sessions.
AICP Exam Candidates
If you are a candidate or potential candidate to take the AICP Exam, you’ve come to the right place. The Georgia Chapter of the American Planning Association supports you in your professional development to take the next step to get accredited through the AICP.
If you need to find out more information on AICP criteria, how to register, and other details, visit the American Planning Association AICP Exam page.
The American Planning Association is committed to providing opportunities for all to achieve excellence in planning by fostering equity, diversity, and inclusion in the organization and in the planning profession. AICP Certification Diversity scholarships help make the planning profession more diverse and accessible to those with financial need. Diversity is an inclusive concept which encompasses, but is not limited to, race, ethnicity, class, gender, age, sexuality, ability, educational attainment, spiritual beliefs, creed, culture, tribal affiliation, nationality, immigration status, political beliefs, and veteran status.
APA created the Diversity Scholarship to reduce the financial burden of the AICP exam and to encourage a more diverse and accessible planning community. The Georgia Planning Association is able to submit our recommendations for the Diversity Scholarship to APA, and selections with APA are on a first-come, first-served basis. This is a new process from previous exam sessions. The regular fee to take the AICP exam is $255, and the regular fee to submit the assessment is $255. Scholarship recipients will pay $85 for each of those steps.
Interested in applying?
Apply no later than Friday, September 9, 2022. Earlier responses are encouraged and can be reviewed/submitted prior to the deadline.
For more information on the process, contact the GPA Professional Development Officer, Cristina Pastore.
GPA AICP Exam Preparation
AICP Review Sessions
GPA will be hosting four AICP exam review sessions at our Fall Conference in Columbus, Georgia. All AICP exam sessions will take place on Thursday, September 15, 2022, during the Fall Conference.
- 8:45 – 10:00 AM: History and Theory
- 10:30 – 11:45 AM: Leadership, Administration, and Management
- 2:15 – 3:30 PM: Ethics
- 3:45 – 5:00 PM: Exam overview and Spring 2022 Exam Panel Discussion
Our AICP review track will be led by academic and practicing professionals in Georgia and will include a panel discussion from Spring 2022 test takers, who will provide insights into the new exam format.
2022 Spring Review Sessions
The Professional Development Committee will host a review session in the Spring and Fall. The Spring review sessions occurred in April. Each session was hosted by a professor or practitioner in the field and will be conducted virtually on Zoom for 1 to 1.5 hours. The sessions that can be viewed are
- Overview from Wednesday, April 6, 2022, with Cristina Pastore, Transportation Planner/Engineer, VP, Kimley-Horn
- History and Theory from Monday, April 11, 2022, with Michael Elliott, Director, MCRP Program at Georgia Tech, Associate Professor of City & Regional Planning and Public Policy
- Ethics from Wednesday, April 13, 2022, with Gary Cornell, Former President, Community Planning Services, Inc.
- Law from Tuesday, April 19, 2022, with David Kirk, Partner, Troutman Pepper
- Leadership, Administration and Management from Monday, April 25, 2022, with Jeff Rader, Commissioner, District 2, DeKalb County
AICP Prep Library
GPA AICP Exam Review Archive
See AICP exam reviews from current to past, 2022 – 2007.