APA and the AICP Commission are in the process of making changes to AICP CM reporting and changing the required credits in each two-year reporting period.
Consolidating the Two-Year Reporting Periods
Currently, all AICP members fall into one of two CM reporting period cohorts, the 2019-2020 cohort and the 2020-2021 cohort. To simplify reporting and record-keeping, APA is consolidating these into one reporting period.
- The 2019-2020 reporting period was extended for a year until 12/31/2021.
- This extension will serve as their grace period.
- AICP members in this cohort were notified by APA at the end of 2020 that their reporting period was extended for a year.
- 2020-2021 reporting period will end on 12/31/2021.
- They will have the standard 4–month grace period.
- All AICP members will move into the 2022-2023 reporting period on 1/1/2022.
All AICP members need to be sure their CM reporting is up to date. Any members in the 2019-2020 reporting period cohort should note that they are currently in their grace period and APA will not extend their grace period into 2022.
New CM Topics
Two new required CM topics will be introduced next year. They are Equity and a rotating topic that will begin with Sustainability and Resilience. These will start 1/1/2022 and will be due at the end of the reporting period on December 31, 2023.
AICP CM Resources
Additional helpful links include:
AICP members will also continue to receive CM communication to their preferred email address throughout the year via APA Interact, quarterly membership renewal communication, and targeted special communication near the end of the two-year reporting period.