- This event has passed.
APA Asian and Pacific Islander: Historical Perspective and Current Actions
March 25, 2022 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
The American Planning Association, Asian and Pacific Islander (API) Interest Group, is thrilled to have two outstanding speakers for this virtual event. The Honorable Norman Mineta (Former US Secretary of Transportation, Former US Secretary of Commerce, Former California Senator, and Former San Jose Mayor) will give a historical perspective, and Manjusha Kulkarni (Executive Director of the AAPI Equity Alliance and Co-Founder of Stop AAPI Hate) will present what current actions are being taken in light of disturbing incidents directed towards Asians and Pacific Islanders.
The Zoom link will be provided after one registers.
The goals of the Asian and Pacific Islander Interest Group include:
- Increase the numbers of Asians and Pacific Islanders participating in planning in their communities;
- Provide a forum for planners to better understand the needs and desires of Asian and Pacific Islander communities;
- Facilitate planning processes to provide and improve results for Asian and Pacific Islander community residents and stakeholders;
- Support Asian and Pacific Islander planners and planning students in their career development;
- Build a diverse network for all planners to share their experiences and ideas relating to Asian and Pacific Islander communities; and
- Collaborate with other APA Interest Groups and APA Divisions to address issues of significance to Asian and Pacific Islander communities.
Anyone can join this APA Interest Group by filling out this survey. There are no dues/fees for this Interest Group. By joining, one will get periodic updates on all of our activities.
APA Asian and Pacific Islander Interest Group Website.