- This event has passed.
Community Planning Institute (CPI): Preparing and Implementing your Comprehensive Plan
May 9, 2019 - May 10, 2019
The DCA Office of Planning, in partnership with the Georgia Planning Association, offers a class called the Community Planning Institute to Georgia’s planning commissioners, elected officials and local government staff. The Institute provides information about planning for land use, growth and development. Preparing and Implementing your Comprehensive Plan is a 2-day class that covers the local comprehensive planning process.
This class provides:
- An overview of the importance of community planning– why we plan and who should be involved;
- A review of Georgia’s planning requirements;
- How to engage your constituents in envisioning and planning for their future;
- Plan implementation tools, including successful examples from PlanFirst communities;
- Other plan implementation tools such as zoning or form-based codes.
You may be eligible for a scholarship for this CPI Class through the Denise Abbound Memorial Fund.
Standard Registration: Early Bird $140; $170 (after April 19)
Regional Commission: Early Bird $100; $130 (after April 19)
PlanFirst Community (for first two registrants) FREE
**AICP Certification Maintenance credits are available for this workshop.