- This event has passed.
Community Planning Institute: Preparing and Implementing your Comprehensive Plan
November 15, 2018 - November 16, 2018
CPI: Preparing and Implementing your Comprehensive Plan
The DCA Office of Planning, in partnership with the Georgia Planning Association, offers a class called the Community Planning Institute to Georgia’s planning commissioners, elected officials and local government staff. The Institute provides information about planning for land use, growth and development.
Preparing and Implementing your Comprehensive Plan is a 2-day class that covers the local planning process. You may be eligible for a scholarship for this CPI Class through the Denise Abbound Memorial Fund, Georgia Planning Memorial Foundation.
This class provides:
- An overview of the importance of community planning– why we plan and who should be involved;
- A review of Georgia’s planning requirements;
- How to engage your constituents in envisioning and planning for their future;
- Plan implementation tools, including successful examples from PlanFirst communities;
- Other plan implementation tools such as zoning or form-based codes.
November 15-16, 2018, SpringHill Suites Athens Downtown/University Area
Registration will open September 24, 2018, click here.