- This event has passed.
Free Training for BZA and PC Members
June 6, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Thanks to a partnership between GPA and Georgia Department of Community Affairs (DCA), there will be a free June 6 planning & zoning training event for appointed Board members (BZA, PC) in Waynesboro (East Georgia near Augusta). The event will be held at the former Waynesboro ice plant (260 Barron Street, Waynesboro), now owned by the city government and operated as an community center. Special note of thanks to the host CSRA Regional Commission (Regina Pyles, Planning Director).
With a max of 50 total attendees (including speakers and organizers) it will fill up fast! Although this planning & zoning training is aimed at appointed board members, elected officials and local government staff may also attend. Want to reserve a spot? Email GPA Board member Richard Osborne or 706-253-8852.
- 9:00 Coffee and breakfast snacks available and folks sign-in
- 9:30 Welcome – Waynesboro Mayor or Waynesboro-Burke County Chamber President
- 9:40 Zoning and Land Development Essentials – Richard Osborne, Pickens County Planning & Development Director
- 10:45 Break
- 11:00 Planning Essentials – Adriane Wood, Georgia DCA
- 12:00 Lunch
- 12:30 Legal Info for Board Members – Brandon Bowen, Jenkins & Bowen PC
- 2:00 Break
- 2:10 Hazard Mitigation / Emergency Planning – Linda Grijalva
- 3:25 Wrap-up