- This event has passed.
Georgia Tech Student Planning Association’s World Town Planning Day Event
November 10, 2014 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pmFree
You are cordially invited to the Georgia Tech Student Planning Association’s World Town Planning Day event, Life After the Braves: Redeveloping Turner Field. The Atlanta Braves are moving out of Turner Field, and into the suburbs. But an aging ballpark isn’t the only thing the team is leaving behind. The neighborhood around Turner Field has seen promises for development come and go with little to show for it. Now, with the Braves’ departure, there is new hope, along with new questions, about the area’s future. Join us for a program about the future of Turner Field and the community around it. The program will feature a facilitated discussion with the opportunity for open forum questions.
Five expert panelists will participate in the discussion:
- Enrique Bascuñana, Principal Planner for the City of Atlanta
- Suzanne Mitchell, President of the Organized Neighbors of Summerhill
- Micah Rowland, President of NPU-V
- Deborah Scott, Executive Director of Georgia STAND UP
- Flor Velarde, Tax Allocation District Program Coordinator for Invest Atlanta
- Robert Welsh, Chair of the 303 Community Coalition, Inc.
Date: November 10, 2014
Time: Reception begins at 6:30 pm*, program begins at 7 pm**
Location: Georgia Tech College of Architecture, Auditorium (245 4th St NW, Atlanta, GA)
*Light refreshments will be served
**CM credits applied for