- This event has passed.
The Frederick Law Olmsted Symposium
June 2, 2014 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Frederick Law Olmsted Symposium will feature leading experts in the area of sustainable urban infrastructure coming together for a discussion of state of the art research and practice as it relates to the genius of Frederick Law Olmsted and his vision for improving the urban environment. Please save the date and join us as we kick off the search for the holder of the Frederick L. Olmsted Endowed Chair in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Georgia Tech. Featured speakers include:
- Diane Emily Davis, PhD, Professor of Urbanism & Development, Harvard
- Howard Frumkin, MD, DrPH, Dean, and Professor of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, University of Washington School of Public Health
- Richard Jackson, MD, MPH AIA(Hon) ASLA(Hon), Professor and Chair, Environmental Health Sciences, UCLA Fielding School of Public Health
- Elizabeth S. Macdonald, PhD, Associate Professor of Urban Design, Department of City and Regional Planning, Department of Landscape Architecture and Environmental Planning, University of California, Berkley
- Lynn A. Richards, MSES, MPA, President and CEO, Congress for the New Urbanism
- Frederick R. Steiner, PhD, Dean, School of Architecture, Henry M. Rockwell Chair in Architecture, University of Texas at Austin
You must register to attend this free event. For more information or to register go to http://ce.gatech.edu/olmstedsymposium.